ALIWAL SHOAL SCUBA CAREER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
Our career development program focuses on developing the candidates from the very beginning to follow safe and role model dive practices grooming them for leadership levels of training. The internship can be adjusted to suit the individual candidate as they grow throughout the program. The program itself should be seen not only as an internship but as a long term commitment towards a goal that will provide each candidate with a set of skills that will not only benefit them in the scuba diving industry, but in any field that they may pursue . The skills learnt develop leadership qualities, a keen sense of management and problem solving. All the time while working towards earning a qualification that can be used worldwide to gain employment and travel.
The Career development program is broken into several Phases. At the end of each phase there is an evaluation process through which we will reassess the progress the candidate is making and the best way forward for them as the progress into the next phase.
Download full information in PDF here ->ALIWAL SHOAL SCUBA CAREER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME
The career development program is broken up as follows:
• PADI Open Water Diver course
• PADI Advanced Diver course
• PADI Enriched Air Diver Specialty
• PADI Oxygen Provider
• Emergency First Response Course
• PADI Rescue Diver course
• Compressor operator license including Enriched Air Blending
• You will need 40 dives to start the course
• PADI Divemaster course
• Minimum of 60 dives to be certified
You could end with your cdc program at this stage. However as a qualified padi instructor you are far more likely to find employment in the scuba diving industry.
• Leading Dives
• Skipper license Optional (qualified to take charge of a vessel engaged in diving operations)
• Teaching PADI Discover Scuba Diving program
• Minimum of 40 dives (you need 100 to certify as OWSI)
• Assisting PADI instructors with PADI courses
• Dive charter management
• Boat maintenance
• Equipment Service Technician
• Retail store management
• Diving industry product knowledge
• Selling techniques, marketing & promotions
Optional- Master Scuba Diver
• PADI Deep Diver Specialty
• PADI Peak Performance Buoyancy Diver Specialty
• PADI Drift Diver Specialty
• PADI Wreck Diver Specialty
• PADI Search and Recovery Specialty
• PADI Assistant Instructor course
• PADIInstructor Development Course
• EFR Instructor
• PADI Instructor Exams
Program 1 From Open Water To Divemaster
The program is scheduled and structured to be completed within 5 months, it is important to note that the course is based on the concept of performance based learning. This means that the students are allowed to progress at a pace until the required skills are demonstrated with comfort and confidence. Students must also have completed more than 60 dives to be certified as a PADI Divemaster and 100 dives to be certified as a PADI Instructor. These dives are included in the CDC program. Most of our students end up doing far more than the 100 dives required. No student will be passed unless they are qualified to do so.
Total immersion in the diving industry allows for very thorough training with plenty of time to work on all areas that require attention. All skills and knowledge are impressed many times ensuring that a very solid foundation of all diving knowledge is set.
Once certified as a PADI Divemaster you are now a PADI professional, responsible for other divers. Divemasters can gain dive jobs running boats, being a dive guide and assisting Instructors with students in training. Divemasters can also be certified to teach the PADI Discover Scuba Diving experience.
Generally this is a good passport to travel as dive work can be easily found for the presentable and professional dive master.
This will take place the first three days of the program. It is important for candidates to meet all the staff and get to learn briefly about all the areas of our business.
PADI Open Water Diver course
The course will take four days and will leave the candidate qualified to dive to up to 18m in open water with a dive buddy. You’ll be doing knowledge development sessions, watching videos, quizzes, confined water sessions, 4 open water dives and an exam.
PADI Advanced Diver course
The Advanced Diver course starts. Students will complete 6 Adventure dives over a three day period including a deep dive (30m), a navigation dive, a peak Performance Buoyancy dive, a wreck dive, a fish identification dive plus one other optional. You’ll will be doing knowledge development for many different Adventure dives and completing the 6 dives.
PADI Nitrox Diver Specialty
This is a half day course teaching you about enriched air diving planning, different percentage mixes and the advantages of diving on Nitrox.
Emergency First Response Course
The EFR course is a full day course teaching first aid procedures including, primary care, secondary care and care for children as well as training in the use of AED’s.
PADI 02 Provider
The 02 Provider course will teach you to provide vital first aid that can make a difference to a scuba diver with decompression illness.
PADI Rescue Diver course
The Rescue course will take place over the next 7 days, where candidates will learn different rescue techniques including distressed diver(surface and underwater), tired divers, unconscious divers, missing diver, in water rescues(surface and underwater), rescues from boat, preparing for an emergency, accident management and team work.
This in a very intense course and is seen by most who take it as challenging, rewarding and fun. Candidates will be taking a more in depth look into scuba equipment, including cleaning and maintenance (servicing and repairs).
PADI Divemaster course
This is an intense course jam packed with studying, knowledge development sessions, lectures, exams, confined water skill training, fitness swim tests, rescue scenarios and loads of diving. You will learn about the aquatic world and the fish and mammals that inhabit the oceans.
The theory covered includes diving physiology, physics of diving, recreational dive planner, scuba equipment, dive skills and the environment, Divemaster conducted programs, supervising certified divers and supervising student divers in training. A lot of self study is expected from each candidate as this is the point in your diving career where you will become responsible for other divers and they will turn to you for help, so best be prepared to give it!
By the time you are to be certified as a PADI Divemaster you must have completed 60 or more ocean dives.
Divemaster Pro with Discover Scuba Diving Rating:
The dive charter runs practically every day and you will be leading many of these dives as well as leading dives. You will achieve the status to be able to teach Discover Scuba Diving program to new divers.
Practical work done throughout the entire course:
• Charter Operation
• Boat Maintenance & Care
• Retail Store Management
• Product Knowledge
• Selling Techniques
• Marketing & Promotions
• Skipper license (Optional)
The skipper course is a one week internationally recognized course qualifying you to skipper a category C power driver vessel smaller up to 9 meters in length.
This course is run over 9 days at our IDC centre. For more details please submit an enquiry through our enquiry form below.
Code Of Conduct
• All candidates will be required to sign a learning agreement.
• No candidate may smoke in front of the diving centre or in front of any clients at anytime.
• Candidates need to apply themselves to the programme at all times.
• Candidates need to conduct themselves appropriately in front of all customers.
• Candidates are to wear staff uniform at all times and be neat and presentable.
• No advertisement, document, website, email, statement or other publication, whether in writing or otherwise, shall contain anything which is likely to mislead the public.
• Transactions with clients shall be treated as confidential and correspondence shall be dealt with promptly.
• Candidates shall endeavour always to adhere to truthful statements and to good taste when called upon to express opinions of the diving industry.
• Attendance to all sections of the Career Development Program is mandatory.
• Candidates who arrive after the scheduled time for lectures or practical sessions will be given a partial warning, 3 partial warnings will result in a full warning
• An additional fee will be charged to catch up on any additional training
• Candidates who miss any full day will be given a warning for each and every day.
• An additional fee will be charged to catch up on any additional training
Termination from the career development program
• Violation of the Safe Diving Practice of Understanding
• Purposefully putting you, your fellow candidates or staff at risk.
• Use of illegal drugs
• A candidate physically threatens any other candidate or staff member.
• A candidate disparages or vandalizes or is found guilty of theft of any facility, student or public property at any time while completing the career development program.
Three Full warnings will result in termination of the program and no refund on any fees paid.