Sailfish Feeding Frenzy
During the months of January through March, winter storms in the northern Gulf of Mexico drive nutrient-rich waters south over the shallow continental shelf, attracting massive shoals of sardines with schools of sailfish in pursuit.
The battle between sailfish and sardines plays out again and again as bands of sailfish savage the weary baitfish. Understanding the dynamics of a bait-ball is essential to create extended encounters and capturing dramatic images of these magnificent fish in action.
Snorkelling Instead of Scuba
That is what we do best! The Sailfish expedition will be done on snorkel, which allows us the best encounters with these fast moving fish.
Scuba gear makes following the bait balls much more difficult. Often we will encounter static (non-moving) bait balls, which typically stay close to the divers and the surface. Many other large pelagic species can be seen sometimes and it is possible to jump in with manta rays, sharks and schooling golden rays.
Dates: Feb 20 – Feb 26 – 2016
Price: $ 2090,00 per person
Included In The Package
- 5 days Sailfish free diving and snorkel (NO SCUBA)
- Lunch, snacks, drinks onboard
- 6 nights accommodation on CANCUN (Lagoon front hotel for easy boat access) light breakfast
- Transfers to/from Cancun International Airport
- Alcoholic drinks
- Crew tips
Extension – Bull Shark & Cenotes
- 3 nights in Cancun B&B double room
- 1 day diving with bull sharks
- 1 day / 2 dives in the Cenotes
- Transfer a/r from Hotel to Playa del Carmen for bull shark and the Cenotes
Contact us with our enquiry form below and one of our friendly staff members will contact you shortly.